Obamacare, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is finally here. If you think the disastrous rollout to get here was an unbelievable exercise in incompetence (a billion dollars and a website that still needs help), wait ‘til you see the problems with the way the ACA works.
For most people outside of Medicare, the ACA will:*
- Raise taxes and premiums (47% higher on average according to the Wall Street Journal), and raises in co-pays and deductibles in order to pay for coverage of pre-existing conditions.
- Create a shortage of doctors, as well as longer waits to see doctors. All the new insureds will want to see doctors and a number of doctors will opt out because of lower reimbursements.
- When all the exemptions and postponements are over in 2015, the enormity of the shortcomings will be even more clear to everyone.
- Obama lied over and over when he said, “If you like your doctor and/or hospital you can keep them.” You can’t.
- When he called the old plans “substandard” and need to be canceled, he didn’t mean from the perspective of consumers who bought them. He meant those plans were not designed to serve his goals of social equity and redistribution.
- The entire ACA will run the risk of total collapse as not enough young, healthy people will sign on to balance off the older, sicker people.
- To try and prop up this ACA debacle, Obama will increase the national debt to probably 20 trillion dollars before he leaves office. The national debt is now 17 trillion and during this two terms he will have irresponsibly created over 10 trillion dollars in debt.
*Medicare has only minor changes by comparison, like No. 2 above.
After all this turmoil, the easiest, cheapest health care plan was right in front of us. Here it is:
THE REALLY BEST HEALTH CARE PLAN
You’re a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available to you. So what do you do?
Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and four bullets. With the gun, you are allowed to shoot four politicians.
Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, air conditioning, and all the health care you need.
Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That’s great. Need new hips, knees, kidneys, lungs or heart? They are all covered…and probably even a sex change operation.
As an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now.
And who will be paying for all this? It’s the same government that just told you they cannot afford for you to go into a home.
And you get rid of four useless politicians while you are at it.
Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don’t have to pay any income taxes any more.
Is this a great country or what?