- Are you old enough to remember when you had to walk to the TV to change the channel?
- Did you know that women use 30,000 words a day, while men use only 15,000?
- 110 American cities and counties are currently refusing to obey the federal government regarding enforcement of immigration laws. They are called Sanctuary Cities.
The federal government should cut off ALL aid to these cities or counties until they give up this ghost of false humanitarianism. If you don’t like a law, lobby for its repeal. As long as a law is still on the books, you should be obligated to abide by the letter of the law—no ifs, ands or buts.
- I was thinking about how the status symbol of today is the cell phone that everyone has clipped onto their belt or in their purse. I can’t afford one, so I’m wearing my garage door opener.
- The easiest way to find something you’ve lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
- They put pictures of missing children on milk cartons. They should put pictures of missing husbands on beer cans.
- When former Afghanistan Military Commander General McChrystal was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren’t going to go well when the president accused him of not supporting him in his political role as president.
“It’s not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President. It’s my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief,” McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation. Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal’s resignation, the president made a cheap shot. “I bet when I die, you’ll be happy to piss on my grave.”
The general saluted and said, “Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I’d never stand in line again.”
- A hug is like a boomerang, you get it back right away.
- The federal government has “Tomahawk” cruise missiles and “Apache,” “Blackhawk,” “Kiowa” and “Lakota” helicopters—and used the code name “Geronimo” in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden, but officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins.
- If an illegal immigrant is convicted of a felony crime anywhere in the U.S., Mexico should either pay for his incarceration here in the U.S. or accept him into one of their jails for the sentence.
We have enough means to pressure Mexico into accepting this arrangement. Maybe then Mexico will do something about helping control their side of the border.
- Check out linkedin.com/edu. They have a giant database of millions of workers, which it analyzed to see which schools are launching the most graduates into the top firms in a variety of fields. They’re not always what you’d expect. Accounting? Villanova and Notre Dame. Media? Y.U. and Hofstra. Software developers? Carnegie Mellon, Caltech and Cornell. Whether you want to be a plumber or surgeon, it is useful to know which schools’ alumni keep rising at the leading firms.
- The age at which a child can remember a vacation can vary from child to child; but according to psychologists, that age tends to be five or six.
- Get copies of all your medical records. Always ask for copies of MRI’s, CAT scans, ultrasounds and blood work. You may need them for a second opinion.
- According to John Wooden, the wizard of Westwood, “Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.”
- Why do modern-day parents take babies on vacation when they’re three weeks or three months old?
- Ten years ago, the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Today, the USA has no jobs, no hope and no cash.
- The Pantages Theater is an absolute wonder from a bygone era. It is an elaborate, overdone, art deco masterpiece. It’s a real wow!
- Motown the Musical didn’t sound like much, but it was terrific.
- I’d be in favor of public financing of elections if that was all the money a candidate could spend. No outside fundraising.
- Unbelievable laws or lack of laws in these United States:
- Dual citizenship—being a voting citizen in two countries
- Congress and their staffers are exempt from many laws such as Obamacare and repaying student loans
- One man-one vote includes non-citizens (Supreme Court)
- Ballot measures in multiple languages
- Births in the U.S. from illegals are U.S. citizens
- English is not the official language
- Representation is currently based on everyone living in a given area—including prisoners, illegal immigrants and children—rather than registered voters
- In the last century or so, we have seen the creation of television, the computer, the internet, airplane travel and rockets to the moon. All fantastic achievements; however, I believe the greatest invention, hands-down, was the flush toilet.
- If only this guy had become president:
“I taught constitutional law for 10 years. I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems we’re facing right now has to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America.”
–Barack Obama, Lancaster, PA, 3/31/2008