1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Live with the 3 E’s—Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
4. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2018.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
6. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
7. Dream more while you are awake.
8. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
9. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
10. Clear the clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new energy into your life.
11. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed-out charge card.
14. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the vampires away.
15. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
16. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
17. Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
18. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
19. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
20. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
23. Forgive everyone for everything.
24. What other people think of you is none of your business.
25. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
26. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
27. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
28. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
29. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
30. No matter now you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
31. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
32. The best is yet to come.
May your troubles to less, your blessings be more, and may nothing but happiness come through your door!